Anthropology Outreach Office Smithsonian Institution. Erasing Native American Stereotypes [On-line]
Colorin Colorado includes tip sheets and webcasts specific to young English learners
Plan for Preschool - Digital library for preschool planning in California
Early Childhood Research & Practice [On-line]. Vol. 3, No. 2: Fall 2001 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Gutierrez-Clellan, V.F. & Cho, E. (2009). From research to culturally responsive practice: Addressing the needs of dual language learners. UC Davis Pediatric Conference.
Hearne, B.. (1993). Cite the source: Reducing cultural chaos in picture books, part one[Online].
Mendoza, J., & Reese, D. (2001). Examining Multicultural Pictures Books for the Early Childhood Classroom: Possibilities and Pitfalls
- Ready for Success: Supporting Dual Language Learnings in Head Start and Early Head Start
- Dual Language Learning: What Does it Take?
- Assessing Young Dual Language Learners: What You Need to Know and Why
- Addressing Children and Families who Speak a Language Other than English—Head Start Requirements
- Dual Language Learner Demographics
- Additional Web Resources
National Center for Children in Poverty, the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research, the Child Care Bureau, and the Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation (2009). Young Dual Language Learners: A Key Topic Resource List. Child care and early education research connections
National Institute for Early Education Research (English Learners Research Page)